As a legal support professional at Torys, you will enjoy both an exciting, fast-paced work environment and a supportive, collegial and team-based culture. Our positions are best suited to individuals who take pride and ownership in their work and demonstrate exceptional client service in everything they do. In return, we offer a wide range of legal assistant opportunities and work arrangements, and competitive compensation and benefits, along with the tools required to excel in the job. Torys is committed to a continuous learning environment; we therefore provide extensive training to our employees upon hire and during the course of their career at Torys.
Legal Assistant (Calgary)
Supporting the Calgary office’s insolvency group, the Legal Assistant is responsible for managing the administrative side of the practice.
- Emailing/corresponding with Commercial Case List Coordinator at Court of Queen’s Bench to book Court time.
- Drafting correspondence to serve Application materials.
- Coordinating/arranging for service of Application materials.
- Coordinating travel arrangements, preparing itineraries and travel expense reports.
- Prepare client correspondence in accordance with the requirements set by the principal/practice group, as required.
- Coordinate client meetings, schedule boardrooms and arrange for catering.
- Update calendars for assigned principals, which includes meetings, appointments, due dates and client-related activities.
- Handle and review all incoming mail, email, fax communications; and file into the appropriate client matters.
- Receive, handle, screen and/or direct incoming calls as directed by principals; respond to routine inquiries and requests from clients; and take messages as required.
- Enter principal’s docketed time daily and follow up with principals as required.
- Monitor and review outstanding WIP (Work In Progress) to ensure timely billing.
- Prepare, print and review prebills (e.g., monthly, quarterly or on request using 3E billing workflow and functionality), and revise according to client billing guidelines and Firm standards and policies. Ensure invoices are sent to clients in a timing manner.
- Prepare cheque requisitions as required to initiate payment of third party invoices and filing fees.
- Prepare various reports (e.g., spreadsheets) related to time/billing information for principals and/or clients.
- Proactively monitor specific clients and/or matters where Alternate Fee Arrangements are in place. Ensure special rates and discounts are applied to invoices. Actively monitor budget thresholds and update billing principals on status.
- Prepare engagement letters and work with the Conflicts and Records team to coordinate new file openings, matter intake, conflict search and audit requests.
- Maintain and organize files to ensure they are easily retrievable by principals, file/scan all paper or electronic correspondence/records into the firms document management system. Work with Support Assistants as required to store client files as appropriate within firm guidelines.
ATTRIBUTES & EXPERIENCE
- Legal Assistant diploma, with a minimum of 4+ years of related litigation, and/or insolvency experience, required.
- Must have strong knowledge of legal terms, documents and procedures.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Strong client service orientation combined with the ability to manage multiple client needs.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail, efficient and organized. Proactive and takes initiative.
- Ability to work well independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Flexibility to occasionally work overtime.
Please address your resume and cover letter, stating your salary expectations to Jocelyn Harris (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We thank all applicants for their interest in Torys LLP; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We foster an inclusive and accessible environment and are committed to providing support to applicants and firm members with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please contact Jenny Tavares, Senior Manager, Human Resources.
Off-Hours Document Specialist (Toronto)
We are currently seeking an Off-Hours Document Specialist to join our Off-Hours Support team. This position requires an individual with strong technical skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. The standard hours of work will be Tuesday 4:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. and Wednesday to Friday 4:30 p.m. to 1:30 a.m.
- Provide timely and accurate document services support to legal professionals including document creation, revision and formatting, convert PDF’s to Word documents, create and edit Excel charts and PowerPoint slides and create comparison documents.
- Respond to the document services email group inquires and requests in a timely manner.
- Proofread documents and make necessary changes.
- Transcribe digital dictations.
- Monitor and redirect incoming faxes.
- Provide administrative support to legal professionals including docket entry, arranging courier packages, photocopying, printing, binding and scanning.
- Coordinate workflow and assignments with team members as required.
ATTRIBUTES & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working as a legal assistant or document specialist within a law firm environment.
- Strong knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint along with exceptional document services skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and proofreading abilities.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to effectively prioritize and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work professionally and collaboratively within a team environment as well as independently.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please address your resume and cover letter, stating your salary expectations to Firm Admin Recruiting.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Torys LLP, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click here to download a PDF of this opportunity.
At Torys we are committed to diversity in the recruitment, retention and advancement of our people. We believe that diversity of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives enhances the quality of our work and enriches our lives. We are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible work environment. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please contact Jenny Tavares, Senior Manager, Human Resources.