Anita is a Scholar-in-Residence in our Toronto office. Anita is also full time faculty at University of Toronto Faculty of Law and is a highly regarded researcher, professor, writer and speaker in the fields of Canadian and Canada-U.S. comparative corporate, securities and governance law. She is returning to Torys where she articled and practiced (in the corporate law group) before moving into academia.
Anita is a Professor of Law and holds the J.R. Kimber Chair in Investor Protection and Corporate Governance. She served as Associate Dean from 2007-2009 and since 2010 has served as the Academic Director of the Centre for the Legal Profession and its Program on Ethics in Law and Business. She is a Senior Fellow and member of the Governing Board, Massey College and is cross-appointed to the Rotman School of Management and the School of Public Policy and Governance and serves as the Director of Policy and Research at the Capital Markets Institute.
Anita’s other academic appointments include:
- J.R. Kimber Chair in Investor Protection and Corporate Governance (2016-present)
- Director of Policy and Research, Capital Markets Institute, U of T (2017- present)
- Cross-appointed to the Rotman School of Management (2017-present)
- Senior Fellow, Massey College (2012-present)
- Cross-appointed to the School of Public Policy and Governance (2009-present)
- Fellow-in-Residence, C.D. Howe Institute (2014-2017)
- Herbert Smith Visitor, University of Cambridge (2010)
- Visiting Scholar, Bank of Canada (2009-2010)
- Visiting Olin Scholar in Law and Economics, Yale Law School (2005-2006)
- Visiting Lecturer in Law, Yale Law School (2005-2006)
- Associate Professor, Queen's Law School (2003-2006)
- Assistant Professor, Queen's Law School (1999-2003)
- Assistant Professor (adjunct), Western Law School (1997-1999)