Members of our Energy Practice have acted in regulatory matters for developers, owners, operators, lenders and equity investors for three decades. We maintain our expertise not only in the federal regulations that govern energy transactions, but also in the state and provincial regulations that affect them. We have advised clients in energy project development, asset-based transactions, regulatory rulemaking and disputes across Canada and in 40 states.
Our services include
- appearing regularly before provincial and federal regulators;
- advising on the energy administrative and regulatory hearing process;
- guiding our clients through the regulation of energy markets in various jurisdictions;
- assisting our clients in obtaining various licenses and approvals necessary for the development, transmission and sale of energy products;
- helping clients navigate consumer protection matters; and
- obtaining government consents in connection with project financing.