Our Real Estate Finance clients are supported by the expertise of our Banking and Debt Finance, Capital Markets and Real Estate practices, offering market knowledge and legal expertise in real estate financing across all asset classes, including commercial, retail, industrial, mixed-use and infrastructure. From loan and property due diligence to restructurings, our full-service, multidisciplinary team guides clients through every stage of the real estate life cycle.
We have specific expertise acting for both lenders and borrowers in the following types of real estate financing transactions:
- acquisition financing and loan assumptions
- construction financing
- permanent/term financing
- CMHC insured mortgages for multi-unit residential and seniors home facilities
- conventional mortgage loans
- portfolio financings
- secured and unsecured operating loans for real estate enterprises
- public and private mortgage bond financings
- mezzanine and subordinated debt structures
- securitizations and syndications
Having experienced several real estate business cycles, our lawyers have also been involved in real estate company work-outs, debt restructurings and mortgage enforcement proceedings. We work closely with members of our Corporate Restructuring and Advisory Practice in connection with such restructuring and work-outs and in connection with the acquisition or disposition of real estate assets in distress situations.