See our lawyers recommendations for businesses trying to secure funding to ensure success in the cannabis industry.
Torys has a distinguished history of involvement in Canada’s banking industry and in its finance markets; we are recognized by our clients and peers for our experience, our innovative but practical approach and for our cross-border capability. From providing industry-leading regulatory counsel to creating first-of-kind financing structures, our group offers clients dedicated service that is second to none.
We are proud of our reputation as deal facilitators. Because of our experience representing both lenders and borrowers, we understand both sides of the issues at play. We find practical solutions that achieve all parties’ objectives—and help clients get deals done in a way that preserves and grows relationships. Our clients benefit from the experience of both our individual team members and from our close-knit, collegial group.
We act on a wide range of banking and debt financing matters, including
- bank financings (bilateral and syndicated)
- asset-based loan transactions
- banking and insurance regulatory
- acquisition financings (including takeover bid and leveraged buyout financings)
- project finance
- private placements and public offerings of debt securities (including U.S. and Canadian high-yield offerings)
- subordinated debt financings and related intercreditor arrangements
- U.S. “term B” loans for the institutional market
- real estate financing
- construction lending and permanent financing
- workouts and other insolvency and bankruptcy matters
- tax structuring of debt arrangements (including cross-border)
- structured loan products