The private sector can significantly improve First Nations infrastructure. Read here on how this can be done and why there is a need to further Canadian infrastructure.
Our cross-border Infrastructure Practice helps clients with transactions throughout the entire life cycle of infrastructure assets and services, from greenfield projects, through operations, to secondary transactions. We have advised sponsors, lenders, public authorities and contractors on over 100 major infrastructure and PPP projects in Canada, the United States and beyond.
In both developed and emerging markets, there is an intense requirement for replacement and new infrastructure, as well as for alternative approaches to public service delivery. Some estimates put the total investment needed over the next 20 years at over US$57 trillion. Governments and other public and private entities worldwide continue to look for ways to maximize the impact and value of their infrastructure spending.
Torys' Infrastructure Practice has advised on all major infrastructure asset classes, including transportation and transit, healthcare, defense, communications, water and wastewater, justice, education, social housing, sporting and entertainment facilities, and alternative service delivery.
Torys has a very broad and deep Infrastructure practice. Our advisory and service expertise includes:
- advising all of the major parties involved in Infrastructure transactions, including sponsors, lenders, governments, contractors, service providers, buyers and sellers;
- advising on various PPP models including DBFM/O, BF, concessions and other project structures, and on both primary and secondary transactions;
- advising on projects in the transportation and transit, healthcare, defense, communications, water and wastewater, justice, social housing, sporting and entertainment facilities, education, alternative service delivery, and other Infrastructure sectors;
- advising on projects across Canada and internationally; and
- providing a range of legal services including PPP, procurement, EPC, corporate/commercial, project finance, public finance, regulatory, tax, private equity, capital markets and M&A advice.
Our practitioners have expertise relevant to the lifecycle stage of the underlying infrastructure asset: