In its inaugural guide, the IAM Patent 1000 – The World's Leading Patent Practitioners lists the world's leading patent prosecution, licensing and litigation practitioners.
IAM Patent 1000 praises Torys' "international clout." The firm is ranked in the highest level, Gold, for its patent litigation and licensing experience and is also recommended for its prosecution expertise.
Six of Torys' lawyers are named as exceptional practitioners
- Andrew Bernstein is described as "intelligent and determined," a Bronze-band litigator with "several remarkable results under his belt and tipped as a future star."
- Daniel Logan is a recommended licensing practitioner who produces "exceptional results in fast-paced, pressurised situations." He specialises in technology-related matters, with recent assignments involving large infrastructure and electronic payment systems.
- Conor McCourt is recommended in licensing and prosecution, operating "at the pinnacle of the prosecution and licensing sector." Chemicals, biochemicals and pharmaceuticals form the foundations of his "exemplary" portfolio.
- Eileen McMahon has a "deep understanding of lifecycle management, asset protection and commercialisation (which) earns her kudos on the market." Described as "personable and insightful," Eileen is recommended in licensing and prosecution.
- Cheryl Reicin is recommended in licensing, and described as "resourceful, efficient and precise." She "employs her financial acumen to devise effective, high-value deals in biotechnology and medical devices."
- Andrew Shaughnessy is described as a "tough, tenacious and compelling litigator who maintains longstanding relationships with his wide-reaching clientele." For litigation, Andrew is ranked in the highest level, Gold.
The IAM Patent 1000 – The World’s Leading Patent Practitioners builds onthe IAM Patent Litigation 250 and the IAM Licensing 250, to reveal the top litigators, licensing advisers and patent prosecutors. The guide was compiled following an extensive research process, including almost 1,000 interviews with numerous attorneys at law, patent attorneys and in-house counsel to gather market intelligence on the leading players in the field.