Blair Keefe, Michael Feldman, Adam Delean, Rose Bailey, Mark Bain, Daniel Ford, Jonathan Weisz, Amanda Balasubramanian and Jim Hong are recognized as among Canada's top banking and finance lawyers in Chambers & Partners' Chambers Global: World’s Leading Lawyers for Business, The Client’s Guide 2010.
Torys has impressive lending and securitisation practices, in addition to its core strength in banking regulation. Via its Toronto and New York offices, it also possesses solid cross-border credentials. The team is accomplished and willing to go the extra mile for clients.
- Blair Keefe is a key to the success of the bank regulatory practice. His expertise is very well-received in the market.
- Michael Feldman comes recommended for his excellent securitisation skills. He also focuses on structured asset-backed financings, including aircraft financings and derivatives.
- Adam Delean is a popular borrower's lawyer, and also has the backing of his peers.
- Rose Bailey is commended for her strong technical credentials and her good corporate and finance work product.
- Mark Bain has handled many developments and financings.
- Daniel Ford is a godsend who really facilitates the deal.
- Jonathan Weisz is noted for his project financing work. Sources praise his excellent structuring expertise, as well as his creativity and ability to think outside of the box.
- Amanda Balasubramanian is increasingly visible in the market and has grown in strength. Peers predict an impressive future for her. She focuses on bank lending and project finance.
- Jim Hong is recognised by peers for his securities work and solid presence in structured asset-backed financings, securitisations and derivatives.