Torys is pleased to announce that Krista Hill, David Dell, Jonathan Weisz, Scott Bomhof, Patricia Koval and Michael Feldman are recognized as among Canada's top infrastructure and energy lawyers in Chambers & Partners' Chambers Global: World’s Leading Lawyers for Business, The Client’s Guide 2008.
Clients spoke highly of Torys' Infrastructure and Energy Practice's "professional, supportive, hard-working partners, who are proactive in developing new opportunities," and of the firm's "good resources and very informative" real estate lawyers. Clients and peers also praised the following individual lawyers:
- Krista Hill, ranked in projects and energy, is "exceptionally bright, responsive and an excellent team player." She acts for clients in the power industry on M&A, income trust acquisition and sales, and infrastructure and project development.
- David Dell, ranked in real estate, "is very thorough with construction contracts." He recently represented the Art Gallery of Ontario in its contracts with Gehry International.
- Jonathan Weisz, ranked in banking and finance, focuses on project finance and also handles sizeable banking transactions with "strong legal skills and an excellent technical background."
- Scott Bomhof, ranked in restructuring and insolvency, "is a great lawyer with a bright future ahead of him." He advises on a range of matters, including refinancing, mortgage remedy and lender liability.
- Patricia Koval, ranked in corporate and M&A, handles public M&A work with a specialty in REITs.
- Michael Feldman, ranked in P3 and infrastructure, "is very strong and a great lawyer," acting on structured finance, bond market and financing arrangement matters related to P3 proceedings.
Torys' Infrastructure and Energy Practice members have also recently been recognized in the following publications:
- Chambers & Partners’ Chambers Global: World’s Leading Lawyers for Business, The Client’s Guide 2004 and 2006
- Woodward White’s Best Lawyers in Canada 2006 and 2008
- Lexpert/American Lawyer's Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada 2008
- Lexpert/Thomson Canada’s Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2007
- Lexpert/Thomson Canada’s Guide to the 100 Most Creative Lawyers in Canada 2006
- American Lawyer/Lexpert/Thomson Canada’s Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada 2005
- Lexpert’s Guide to the Leading U.S./Canada Cross-Border Litigation Lawyers 2007
- Lexpert’s 2007 Top 40 Lawyers Under 40
- Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC’s IFLR 1000, Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms 2008
- Law Business Research’s Who’s Who Legal, The International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers 2003-2004
- Legal Media Group’s Guide to the World’s Leading Corporate Governance Lawyers 2004 and 2005
- Legal Media Group’s Guide to the World’s Leading Real Estate Lawyers 2004
- Legal Media Group’s Guide to the World's Leading Project Finance Lawyers 2006–2008
- Practical Law Company’s Global Counsel 3000, 2003/2004
- Practical Law Company’s Which Lawyer? Yearbook 2007