Torys is pleased to announce that Jay Holsten, John Laskin and Omar Wakil are recognized as among Canada's top competition lawyers in Chambers & Partners' Chambers Global: World’s Leading Lawyers for Business, The Client’s Guide 2008.
- Jay Holsten enjoys a well-deserved reputation for quality merger work and for being “excellent with clients, and practical and pragmatic in his approach to files.”
- John Laskin is viewed as “a well-respected and reliable litigator” who skillfully handles competition litigation for the group.
- Omar Wakil joins the ranks as a very promising up-and-comer. Interviewees commend his ability with mergers, calling him well-rounded, efficient and capable.
The members of Torys' Competition and Antitrust Practice have also recently been recognized in the following publications:
- Law Business Research’s Who’s Who Legal, The International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers 2008
- Law Business Research's Global Competition Review 2007 and 2008
- Law Business Research's Who's Who Legal, The International Who's Who of Competition Lawyers and Economists 2008
- Legal Media Group's Guide to the World's Leading Competition and Antitrust Lawyers
- Lexpert/American Lawyer Media’s Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada 2006 and 2008
- Lexpert/Thomson Canada’s Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008
- Lexpert/Thomson Canada’s Guide to the Leading 100 Canada/U.S. Cross-Border Litigators in Canada 2005 and 2007
- Practical Law Company’s Which Lawyer? Yearbook 2007/2008
- Woodward White’s Best Lawyers in Canada 2008