Don's practice focuses on commercial transactions including mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures. In addition to advising on commercial transactions, Don provides ongoing general business law advice to corporations and financial institutions carrying on business in North America. Don is fluent in Japanese, and worked for several years for a Japanese electronics manufacturer and a business consulting company after studying in Japan during his high school and university years. His business experience is reflected in the practical and service-oriented business counsel he provides.
His experience includes advising on:
- inbound foreign investment;
- business mergers, acquisitions and sales;
- commercial lending, project finance, private financing and securitization;
- natural resource projects including mining and pulp and paper;
- energy projects including natural gas, wind, solar, biomass and coal;
- private utility projects including water, waste-water, district energy and electrical distribution;
- manufacturing and distribution;
- transportation and social infrastructure projects;
- limited partnerships and joint ventures; and
- general corporate counsel.