David Chaikof will be speaking on "Shareholder Rights Plans in an Age of Activism".
The presentation will cover:
- Latest proposals from the securities regulators – where are we headed?
- Strategies for the use of shareholder rights plans
- Regulatory significance of shareholder approval of a rights plan before, or during, a hostile bid
- How might the location of the target determine the outcome of a shareholder rights plan dispute?
- Implications of the HudBay/Augusta decision of the British Columbia Securities Commission
- Potential impact of the Cooperative Capital Markets Regulator
For more information, see the event website here.