Torys’ Projects Practice includes an internationally recognized, multidisciplinary team of lawyers which helps clients to plan, procure, build and finance major capital projects.
We advise sponsors, lenders, public authorities and contractors on their most complex and innovative projects in Canada, the United States and internationally. Our broad client exposure allows us to anticipate and efficiently address the project issues and challenges of concern to all market participants.
Torys has a very broad and deep Projects practice. Our advisory and service expertise includes:
- advising all of the major parties involved in major capital project transactions, including sponsors, lenders, governments, and contractors;
- advising on projects in the Infrastructure and PPP, Energy and Mining and Real Estate sectors;
- advising on projects across Canada and internationally; and
- providing a range of Project legal services including procurement, EPC, corporate/commercial, project finance, public finance, regulatory, tax, and securities advice.
Torys’ Projects lawyers have recognized experience and expertise across a broad range of capital-intensive industry sectors, including:
- Ottawa Light Rail Transit, Ontario’s first commuter rail PPP project and one of the largest municipal PPP projects completed in Canada to date.
- Goreway Station Refinancing, a deal which won Project Finance Magazine’s 2013 North American Single Asset Deal of the Year Award.
- Taiwan Strait Deepwater Exploration Agreement, a first in recent times for a Western operator.
- Mina de Cobre Panama Project. The Cobre Panama copper project is one of the world's largest copper-gold-silver-molybdenum porphyry deposits currently being constructed.
- New Go Transit Bus Terminal, a major mixed-use project in downtown Toronto, that will redevelop the GO Bus Terminal into major transit, commercial and community hub