Our pensions and employment litigation team is one of our great strengths. Our litigators are recognized for their expertise in representing employers in all aspects of pensions and employment issues and are skilled in negotiating disputes and resolving matters through the use of arbitration and mediation.
Our litigators appear before Canadian and U.S. courts and tribunals at all levels, including the Supreme Court of Canada, Canadian and U.S. federal trial and appellate courts, the Federal Court and Federal Court of Appeal, the Court of Appeal for Ontario, the Divisional Court and the Superior Court of Justice in pension-related cases. Our litigators are also skilled in negotiating workplace disputes and resolving matters through the use of arbitration and mediation.
Our lawyers have expertise in:
- a broad range of pension disputes, including disputes related to plan administration and plan windup
- wrongful dismissal claims
- claims involving the validity and enforcement of restrictive covenants, including non-competition and non-solicitation agreements
- claims arising from corporate transactions, including closures and acquisitions
- human rights claims, including relating to discrimination and harassment
- employment standards, practices and policies
- severance packages and executive departures
- employee misconduct and fraud
- workplace investigations, disability and privacy issues