We understand the challenges that the many moving parts and processes bring to our retail and consumer products clients. From acquisitions to consumer protection, our experienced team creatively addresses the broad needs of the sector.
Our retail and consumer products team provides legal support in all areas related to retail businesses, including advising on:
- acquisitions and dispositions, including of retail operations and properties;
- commercial leasing;
- consumer protection;
- intellectual property and trademark issues;
- employment issues and executive compensation;
- board advisory and governance;
- payments, cards and processing services;
- franchisee issues; and
- supply and distribution agreements.
In addition to advice on setting up retail operations in Canada, our clients also rely on our leading cross-border corporate finance expertise when dealing with the growing investment and financial opportunities in global retail markets.
Our consumer product regulatory practice ranks among the top practices in Canada. We advise many Fortune 500 companies on product compliance with regulatory laws. Our advice includes both pre-launch and post-launch strategy and compliance for consumer products, including advising on packaging, marketing, advertising, promoting, and labelling of consumer products with specific expertise relating to all consumer protection laws.