To apply for our current opportunities in Toronto, Calgary, Montréal, New York and our Legal Services Center in Halifax, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manager, Client Development
The Manager, Client Development is responsible for working with lawyers to formulate and execute a growth strategy focused on key clients. This role works closely with partners, other legal professionals, client relationship managers, office managing partners, practice leaders and administrative teams.
- Work with lawyers to manage and grow key client relationships which includes helping manage key clients. Work closely with Director, Marketing & Business Development to drive interaction and cooperation across the firm to ensure a cohesive and systematic approach to client management; ensure consistent messages are delivered to clients by fostering close working relationships between partners, associates and clients; maintain awareness and identify opportunities to ‘connect the dots' within the practices, offices, and other parts of the firm.
- Conduct research and analysis of market developments and opportunities in support of expanding client relationships; develop high quality and targeted initiatives such as client seminars and presentations, issues based marketing campaigns, client positioning activities, marketing communications materials, etc., to capitalize on opportunities.
Communication and Reporting
- Oversee the maintenance and evolution of key client reporting, both quarterly and annually. Maintain awareness of reporting analytics and capabilities.
- Develop a communication strategy to raise the profile and share best practices around the handling of clients across the firm, in order to continually help improve the quality of the client relationship and to share our “client story”; include case studies, client profiles, etc.
- Support lawyers in the development of pitches, presentations and capability statements for existing clients; includes advising and coaching key stakeholders regarding fee arrangements and client feedback.
- Help improve lawyer’s business development skills through coaching and training; identify best practices and develop tools that can be leveraged by all lawyers.
ATTRIBUTES & EXPERIENCE
- Graduate degree with additional professional marketing or business qualifications.
- 8+ years of marketing/business development experience in the legal or professional services sector or equivalent experience to successfully complete the essential requirements of the role.
- Experience in client account/relationship management, project and campaign management and/or business development skills training, is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of legal markets and the legal professional landscape. Strong business acumen with a deep understanding of business development of a law firm and/or professional services sector.
- Ability to deeply understand the client base; analyse outcomes and make recommendations for improvement.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing to a broad range of audiences including to senior management, partners and clients.
- Strong project and time management skills and ability to manage a variety of concurrent projects.
- Strong strategic and analytical thinking skills, with a high attention to detail.
- Strong client service orientation combined with the ability to manage multiple client needs at the same time.
- Strong leadership skills to be able to build, motivate and direct a team of legal professional to success.
- Strong interpersonal, consulting and persuasive skills to identify and reflect client needs in line with firm requirements and work independently and collaboratively with administrative departments.
- Sound judgement and decisiveness.
- Determined with a can-do, hands on approach; driven by delivery and end results.
- Responsive, proactive, and innovative; has the ability and desire to bring new ideas to the table.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please address your resume and cover letter, stating your salary expectations to Firm Admin Recruiting (email@example.com)
We thank all applicants for their interest in Torys LLP, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We foster an inclusive and accessible environment and are committed to providing support to applicants and firm members with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please contact Malinda Dunfield, Manager, Human Resources.
Click here to download a PDF of this opportunity.