Members of our Infrastructure and Energy Practice have acted in regulatory matters for developers, owners, operators, lenders and equity investors for three decades. We maintain our expertise not only in the federal regulations that govern infrastructure and energy transactions, but also in the state and provincial regulations that affect them. We have advised clients in energy project development, asset-based transactions, regulatory rulemaking and disputes across Canada and in 40 states.
Our services include
- appearing regularly before the Ontario Energy Board and other regulatory tribunals
- advising on the energy administrative and regulatory hearing process
- guiding our clients through the regulation of power markets in various jurisdictions
- assisting our clients in obtaining various licenses and approvals necessary for the transmission and sale of energy products
- obtaining government consents in connection with project financing
- obtaining market participation agreements with the Independent Electricity Market Operator